What's new

A Dalit Student Was Beaten Up Just Because He Dared To Touch A Jat Classmates's Mid-day Meal Plate

The_Showstopper

Reaction score
Country
India
A Dalit Student Was Beaten Up Just Because He Dared To Touch A Jat Classmates's Mid-day Meal Plate

In a shocking incident, a lower caste Dalit student of a government school in Jodhpur city Rajasthan was beaten up by his teacher for touching plates being used to serve mid-day meal on Thursday.

Although, India banned caste-based discrimination in 1955, its 170 million Dalits continue to face prejudice in every sector from education to employment, because of their traditional occupations such as street sweeping and grave digging.

joi_1443953712.jpg

India.com

The episode happened in Government Higher Secondary School in Osian town of Jodhpur, where mid-day meal was being served. It also came to fore that separate plates were kept for Dalit students and those belonging to a higher caste, Jats.

Malaram, father of the Dalit student, was also allegedly beaten up when he came to pick up his son from school.

A complaint has been filed against the teacher but police is yet to take any action against him.

Nisha Siddu, a child activist from Jaipur on Saturday expressed concern over the incident of discrimination that happened in a state-run institution, regarding the government-funded mid-day meal scheme, which provides free lunch to school children.

Many times i feel that pity irrelevant instances get colored up by media to cook up there chimney.
Like a simple quarel between two classmates is then given color of caste, cader and background.
Common dont spread a venom like these in the minds of school childrens, let them enjoy the childhood and ignore there small mistakes, fights and conflicts all these are part of learning, guide them right path instead of sowing the seed of differences in them for life.

I dont deny that in above story the teacher might not be a culprit.
But I will still take the story as bucket full of salt.

Aren't these the same Jats who burned public property for getting reservation quota because they are a marginalised group? :o:

If india wad secular the dalit boy would eat from same plate as the brahmen guy's kid of course its about secularism

u're not planing to come to India anytime soon right?

Why bhai? Some Jat in this forum given me threat before, anyone bad mouth about them dont live in this world :o:
Is that what are you saying?

Why bhai? Some Jat in this forum given me threat before, anyone bad mouth about them dont live in this world :o:
Is that what are you saying?

Exactly u make them your friend never make them an enemy , have a lot of experience with them. :enjoy:

It's sad they beat up the student and also the father. Does India have caste based violation laws? If not, it should. It should be an extra offense for hurting someone base on cast.

I know many Sikh Jats and many of them are racist scums. They look down upon every other caste and think they are some superior specie. In reality they are mere farmers and in present times their worth is very little.

Back
Top Bottom