What's new

6-month baby girl married to 25-yr-old man in Pakistan to settle feud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Joseph

Reaction score

Islamabad, May 31 : In order to resolve a feud brought about by the "kidnapping" and subsequent love marriage of a girl by a married
man, a Jirga in Pakistan has decided that the man's six-month-old daughter should be married off to the girl's 25-year-old brother.

According to sources, Alamzeb, "abducted" the daughter of his neighbour, Naseer, from the Reri Goth area in Karachi two months ago, and that the two were actually in love with one another, reports the News.

But the family members of the eloped girl took the case as a matter of honour, and they started pressuring the family of the accused and also threatening them.

The sources said that Alamzeb, who has three children, hailed from the Hazara region, while the girl belonged to Charsadda in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

The sources said that the wrangle between the two families led to holding of a Jirga comprising elders of the locality.

The Jirga, according to the sources, brokered a compromise between the two families and it was decided that the six-month-old daughter of Alamzeb should be married off to the brother of the girl, Haq Nawaz, 25, on the basis of Swara.

Swara is a child marriage custom in tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

This custom is tied to blood feuds among different tribes and clans where the young girls are forcibly married to the members of different clans in order to resolve the feuds.

6-month baby girl married to 25-yr-old man in Pakistan to settle feud .:. newkerala.com Online News - 118358

Six-month-old girl married off in Swara incident

Monday, May 31, 2010
By Shoukat Iqbal Khattak

Karachi

A “kidnapping” and subsequent love marriage with a girl by a married man has resulted in a Jirga ordering the marriage of his six-month-old daughter to the brother of the “kidnapped” girl.

According to sources, Alamzeb, “abducted” the daughter of his neighbour, Naseer, from the Reri Goth area in Karachi two months ago.

The sources said that Naseer’s daughter had actually eloped with Alamzeb as they loved each other, but the case was taken as a matter of honour by the family members of the eloped girl, who had started pressuring the family of the accused, inlcuding threats.

The sources said that Alamzeb, who has three children, hailed from the Hazara region, while the girl belonged to Charsadda in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

The sources said that the wrangle between the two families led to holding of a Jirga comprising elders of the locality.

The Jirga, according to the sources, brokered a compromise between the two families and it was decided that the six-month-old daughter of Alamzeb should be married off to the brother of the girl, Haq Nawaz, 25, on the basis of Swara.

It is worth mentioning here that Swara is a child marriage custom in tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

This custom is tied to blood feuds among different tribes and clans where the young girls are forcibly married to the members of different clans in order to resolve the feuds.

The News, Pakistan

Six-month-old girl married off in Swara incident

such backward people, and no action taken by authority...:hitwall::hitwall:

They seriously need to get rid of the fudal system in Pakistan. The dum@$$ punchayats and jirgas and all.

Khap these idiots. Khap all those who support them. Khap those people who want to take us back to the stone ages in the name of culture .

These idiots exist in both India and Pakistan. I say as a punishment, send them to Australia as Indian students, France while wearing a veil or USA sporting a beard.

WTF

total bullshit, and on the other hand i suspect, a girl can't marry with her true uncle i.e. true brother of her mother. these ppl are just insane.. :hitwall:

Swara is a child marriage custom in tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

6-month baby girl married to 25-yr-old man in Pakistan to settle feud .:. newkerala.com Online News - 118358

This kind of thing is unheard of in Pakistani culture. This is only common among Pashtuns in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan. Bacha Baazi (young boys dancing erotically for grown men) is also common among those people. These kind of things are alien to rest of us Pakistanis.

Adults can do whatever they like with one another but dont bring innocent kids into these crazy acts.

They seriously need to get rid of the fudal system in Pakistan. The dum@$$ punchayats and jirgas and all.

Hi
If we could get rid of feudal s then people of Pakistan wouldn't be whining on streets when benazir was killed if you know what i mean most Pakistani's don't think from their heads they only follow their hearts. so can Pakistani's get rid of feudal s? Doesn't seem likely :agree:

This kind of thing is unheard of in Pakistani culture. This is only common among Pashtuns in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan. Bacha Baazi (young boys dancing erotically for grown men) is also common among those people. These kind of things are alien to rest of us Pakistanis.

Adults can do whatever they like with one another but dont bring innocent kids into these crazy acts.
Maybe not 6 month olds, but I've seen this happened amongst villagers of Punjab and Sindh as well with like early teens marrying off to 50-60 year old babas.

It is jahiliat nothing else.

Maybe not 6 month olds, but I've seen this happened amongst villagers of Punjab and Sindh as well with like early teens marrying off to 50-60 year old babas.

It is jahiliat nothing else.

Yes I also seen teenage girls getting married to much older men in Punjab but that is allowed in Islam.

This kind of thing where a girl has not even entered puberty is not allowed and only happens in our north-western neighbouring country and the areas surrounding it.

Last edited:
A precious life is ruined !! when are they going to learn man ??? :frown:

Clapping!!!!

then you people say me I am a Islam Basher

I am sure 99% of those teen age girls marry those babas under pressure

Well getting married in your teens is better than being unmarried and 14 who had intercourse with her boyfriend and then she drops out of school to raise her baby and everyone in her life (including her boyfriend) pushing her out of their lives.

Its very common here in the west.

As long as the girl has entered puberty, I dont see anything wrong with her getting married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom