What's new

50 JF-17 from china delivery started

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should be the priority, 50 JF-17 block I or 36 J-10B....coz later one seems more logical considering need of the hour. JF-17 block I should be built entirely in Pakistan, as it will be step to full self reliability.

Also upgradation makes more sense...

what did you mean "Free" exactly?
free time: not really, CAC is a very busy factory

free of charge: It could be. but it depends on what had Pakistan promised to china as return/
we have not seen any announcement form pakistan.
from chinese median we only see it is " emegency support". It does not mean " free"
I guess the Chinese media is right. It is an "emergency support".......:smokin:

I don't think the 50 JF-17s are all made in China. Let me remind all that its a joint project. Have a look at the pic again and see that it's just the fuselage thats been taken in by Pakistan.

254996_10151162844734919_2076742421_n.jpg

I don't think the 50 JF-17s are all made in China. Let me remind all that its a joint project. Have a look at the pic again and see that it's just the fuselage thats been taken in by Pakistan.

254996_10151162844734919_2076742421_n.jpg
Exactly The Fuselage and Engine are major parts that come from china and engine from russia but avionics , wings , stablizers are built in pakistan ... check PAC site , RWR , HUDS , MFD's ... these are made in pakistan. RWR is major EW SUITE part rest may also be built in pakistan, Even Circuits and CHIPS are made in PAC for Functionality

It may be possible that it ccould be JF17 Block II frame ??

484410_10151162854504919_1368132548_n.jpg

they always transfer via IL-78 sir jee we all seen previous deliveries were on IL-78
According to senior members on this forum we were not getting these planes so what happened now but still good for Pakistan Air Force and are they Block 2 or Block 1 and we need to sign the deal of J-10 B as soon as possible

An elaboration on why you think it is not possible when PAF is assembling the radar inhouse would be appreciated for non technocrats like me.
Regards
araz

A Radar is a system of its own.. the antenna on KLJ-7 is slotted planar array of Chinese design(which is based on Russian design... or similar to it.)... now If you somehow don't use the Chinese antenna which by all means is stupidity and buy an European antenna to be used on the Chinese radar you would pay extra and require the radar to be config. according to antenna or vice-versa for proper performance... since Western designer would rather die than handing over their antenna design in Chinese hands and Chinese would at the same time not allow their radar in the hands of any NATO country... It is not possible.

The only possibility here is either import the whole system from Europe or China... making a Hybrid won't work even If you get the antenna and rest of radar from different places.

Assembling a radar is different thing... all the parts come from China and its assembled in Pakistan.. including antenna.

A Radar is a system of its own.. the antenna on KLJ-7 is slotted planar array of Chinese design(which is based on Russian design... or similar to it.)... now If you somehow don't use the Chinese antenna which by all means is stupidity and buy an European antenna to be used on the Chinese radar you would pay extra and require the radar to be config. according to antenna or vice-versa for proper performance... since Western designer would rather die than handing over their antenna design in Chinese hands and Chinese would at the same time not allow their radar in the hands of any NATO country... It is not possible.

The only possibility here is either import the whole system from Europe or China... making a Hybrid won't work even If you get the antenna and rest of radar from different places.

Assembling a radar is different thing... all the parts come from China and its assembled in Pakistan.. including antenna.

All parts do not come from China, critical parts come from China, certain parts including electronic stuff is made in PAC and then the radar is assembled.

Not everything in JF-17 is coming from China, engine is the only part which is solely & wholly coming from Russia, rest of the things in the airframe and avionics suit are made in China and Pakistan and then assembled at PAC, but for now majority of the stuff is coming from China and with the passage of time, the share of production from PAC side will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom