What's new

4- Type 054 Frigates from China, Pakistan's next Goal

k no problemo , we will wait untill we get the announcement for
Type 053 , and submarines :P

Well I just don't understand why every one says we don't have cash

I just posted two references with money figures in them

I mean really 1 billion annually from 2005-2010 , and then another 2 billion in 2010 , and then promise of package of another 5 billion

I think is more then enough to purchase

4 Type 053 ships , and some cheap items like OHP 6 of them and other items..

And the money is just because its for losses to our economy its not a donation , if it was not paid we would have gone to court and sued someone for losses in economy.

Just like US sued BP for oil spill losses in economy war in afghanistan is our BP oil spill

Please do make an attempt to make sense - no one owes Pakistan for the losses Pakistan has incurred.

Perhaps instead of focusing on what Pakistan's economy and infrastructure has suffered, we should focus on how Pakistani politicians have failed to grow the economy, but have succeeded in growing their personal fortunes.

A mentality which insists that the world owes Pakistan a living, is one which is fundamentally flawed and at odds with reality.

But Sir I have to add something here about what the world and especially US owe us. Pak saved the world from the curse of communism and made the US the only global super power in the world. If at this time US won't sincerely care about Pak then I guess they will loose their status very soon . Hence the world owe us big time. US is not doing any favor by helping us out, instead they are doing favor to themselves...:woot::cheesy::agree:
just my 2centz...bro's

k no problemo , we will wait untill we get the announcement for
Type 053 , and submarines :P

Well I just don't understand why every one says we don't have cash

I just posted two references with money figures in them

I mean really 1 billion annually from 2005-2010 , and then another 2 billion in 2010 , and then promise of package of another 5 billion

I think is more then enough to purchase

4 Type 053 ships , and some cheap items like OHP 6 of them and other items..

And the money is just because its for losses to our economy its not a donation , if it was not paid we would have gone to court and sued someone for losses in economy.

Just like US sued BP for oil spill losses in economy war in afghanistan is our BP oil spill

I guess the other pplz in the forum don't wanna agree to u ..cuz I guess they know that the aid money promised by the US or western/world is just for the cheap popularity in the newspapers and thats all. This aid will never be reimbursed to Pak....:woot::agree:

Business & Financial News, Breaking US & International News | Reuters.com is a very reputable world news outlet from which other news companies get their data from , and also the cash has already been given its not if it will be given

In any case, I will not add more

I just based my thoughts on the press releases and actual figures that I see reported in reputable media (not a tabloid) , if people like to state ok we have no funds , and we are poor and we are cash stripped its their own decision and respect to individual thought

I just see too much evidence to assume that we don't have 9-14 billion with Army which will be used for both Airforce and Navy in upcoming years

In any case I am just excited for OHP to arrive in January , and will see how 2011 shapes up :pakistan: and hope we continue to get the OHP as planned, and the F22P we have being build in Karachi should also be making good progress

4 Type 053 ships

Chuckles ..... :rolleyes:

Type 053 frigate: Designed in 1962 ...

Jianghu_Class_Zigong_558.JPG

Business & Financial News, Breaking US & International News | Reuters.com is a very reputable world news outlet from which other news companies get their data from , and also the cash has already been given its not if it will be given

In any case, I will not add more

I just based my thoughts on the press releases and actual figures that I see reported in reputable media (not a tabloid) , if people like to state ok we have no funds , and we are poor and we are cash stripped its their own decision and respect to individual thought

I just see too much evidence to assume that we don't have 9-14 billion with Army which will be used for both Airforce and Navy in upcoming years

In any case I am just excited for OHP to arrive in January , and will see how 2011 shapes up :pakistan: and hope we continue to get the OHP as planned, and the F22P we have being build in Karachi should also be making good progress

Again:
- aid packages WORTH a certain amount don't necessarily mean Pakistan is given MONEY (but rather material items e.g. equipment, supplies or training).
- even if money is disbursed, there are things Pakistan needs to do with that money, verifyable things. Either you DO things andthen get refunded the cost upon presentation of proof that you did. Or it is monitored whether you spend funds on 'ear marked' purposes. So, you can just simple use a portion (a couple of billion) of aid money for other purposes (like buying ships from China).

from pshamim
Breaking News
Pakdef exclusive

Pakistan ‘s official stance has not been to enter into an arms race with India but it is determined to not only maintain a favorable strategic parity but also maintain superiority in selected area like underwater warfare.

Latest news is that PN has been negotiating with CSTC in China to acquire up to 6 Yuan cklass diesel-electric submarines
With fuel cell based AIP systems. Each double hulled SSK is expected to cost about $230 Million.

Another intriguing news is of a possible 10 years lease of a 5500 Tons 091 HAN class nuclear submarine (SSGN) Along with these submarine, Pakistan is also expected to buy 4 Jiankai 054 class FFGs. I had reported the news couple of years ago. Now it seems that the negotiation are at a final stage

Deal was discussed in length last year with Chinese Vice President when he visited Pakistan last year.
Deals are in advanced stage with Zardari being very enthusiastic. Hopefully we may hear more in near future.

Type-091 have been retrofitted and modernized. Either Changzheng 3 (403) or Changzheng-4 (404) is expected to end up in Pakistan for 10 years.

The details are not classified and many countries are already in the knowledge. I have been assured of that and cleared to break the news. More non-classified informations will be posted on the subject soon

Besides the Nuclear powered sub and the six AIP subs, These Jiangai Missile Frigates are pretty good and we should really look forward to getting these!

The Type 054A (NATO codename: Jiangkai-II Class) is the new-generation multirole missile frigate developed from the Type 054 (Jiangkai Class), incorporated with improved weapon systems and sensors. The frigate is being built by the Shanghai-based Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard and Guangzhou-based Huangpu Shipyard, both part of the China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC).

The Type 054A was designed primarily for air defence role, featuring a medium-range air defence missile system with a 32-cell vertical launch system (VLS) on the bow deck. The frigate is also capable of anti-surface strike with its YJ-83 anti-ship missiles.

Like the Type 054, the Type 054A incorporates a number of stealthy features in its hull design, including the sloped side to minimise radar cross section and the reduced profiles of external features. The helicopter deck at the stern has a single landing spot for a medium size helicopter, such as the Russian Kamov Ka-28 Helix, or the indigenous Harbin Z-9C. The deck is fitted with the helicopter handling system. The vessel has a full displacement of 4,500 tonnes.

Link:http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/surface/type054a-jiangkai-ii.asp

type054a-jiangkai-ii_01.jpg

type054a-jiangkai-ii_02large.jpg

watermark-gif.php

Jiangkai II

PLANType054AJiangkaiClassMissileFri.jpg

PLAN Type 054A Jiangkai Class Missile Frigate
The Type 054 (NATO codename: Jiangkai Class) is the new-generation multirole missile frigate for the PLA Navy. The main contractors are the Shanghai-based Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard and Guangzhou-based Huangpu Shipyard, both under the China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC). The ship was built in the improved Type 054A (Jiangkai-II class) variant, featuring an 32-cell air-defence missile VLS and Russian Top Plate 3D air search radar. The Type 054’s primary surface strike weapon system is the YJ-83 sea-skimming anti-ship cruise missile. Two quadruple launchers are installed at the mid-ship position. The missile uses active radar-homing to deliver a 165kg warhead to a range in excess of 180km. The initial two hulls in the Type 054 variant are equipped with an 8-cell Chinese indigenous HQ-7 (French Thales Crotale copy) short-range SAM system, with a maximum range of 13km. On the improved Type 054A this was replaced by a 32-cell VLS developed by Luoyang Electro-Optics Technology Development Centre (EOTDC). The exact model of the air defence missile is unknown, but some reports have suggested that it may be the 38km-range Russian 9M317 (NATO codename: SA-N-12) Shtil semi-active radar-homing medium-range SAM, or its Chinese copy reportedly designated HQ-16. The Type 054A is equipped with two Chinese indigenous Type 730 seven-barrel 30mm CIWS to provide short-range air defence. The Type 730 CIWS has a maximum rate of fire of 4,600~5,800 rounds/min and a maximum range of 3,000m. The gun is controlled by the Chinese-made TR47C fire-control radar and an electro-optic director, both mounted on the roof of the gun turret. A single-barrel 76mm gun (possibly Russian AK-176 copy) is installed on the bow deck. The ship also has two Type 87 six-tube anti-submarine rocket launchers, with 36 rockets (240mm calibre, 34kg warhead). The maximum range is 1,200m. (*The range doesn't make sense - too short for an ASW weapon system)

Mods: Please feel free to move these posts to the appropriate thread. Thank You

Type 054A guided-missile Frigate, FFG-530 “Xuzhou”
visit1.jpg

Type 054A guided-missile Frigate, FFG-529 “Zhoushan”
visit2.jpg

e6d6416a326b45a59e8bab0db27af322.jpg

a0217f7670234867ba97e1157fbb0839.jpg

94e32c8e41974881a3106577094771b6.jpg

8033a9ae584547f7be30cd4c2458c304.jpg

c2fcf57398b34c0db8a171bd31d888c6.jpg

Just wondering if we are getting the Jiangkai A or B ? Can anyone confirm?

F 22P already has the capabilities of the Jiangkai I. No reason to get it again

Hmm there seems to be some ambiguity here. I believe there are three types of Jiangkai Type 054, Type 054A and Type 054B.

On the Type 054B, I believe there is one in service. Could someone please provide some details?

Back
Top Bottom