Not open for further replies.
Why post the good pics?

orangi is not a slum

this is orangi town

Orangi-Town-Map1.jpg

this is dahravi

=Dharavi-Map-Jevon-hall-sm.jpg

Dharavi not Asia's largest slum: Report

Mumbai: Dharavi, a congested slum located in the heart of India's financial capital Mumbai, said to be the largest slum in Asia, is actually not, a report by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) claims.

"Dharavi is not Asia's largest slum, but Karachi's Orangi Township has surpassed it," the Human Development Report for Mumbai, compiled with the help of UNDP and released by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), said.
Dharavi not Asia's largest slum: Report

Orangi Town (Urdu: اُورنگی ٹاؤن) is a town in the northwestern part of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It is bordered by New Karachi Town to the north across the Shahrah-e-Zahid Hussain, Gulberg Town to the east across the Gujjar Nala stream, Liaquatabad Town to the south, and SITE Town to the west. The township is currently the largest slum in South Asia, after surpassing the size of Dharavi in Mumbai, India, although while Orangi is approximately 22 square miles (57 km2) in area, Dharavi is less than one square mile. [1], making Orangi far less dense.[2][3] Further, Orangi comprises several new developed middle class areas and housing-societies which are still considered slums for statistical purposes[citation needed] because they lack the basic facilities that are provided to most homes, although strictly speaking, they are not slums certain shantys in dharavi have acces to running water and is connected to the sewage system. The modern buildings that are coming up in Dharavi have running water and flushes something that is absent in orangi town.

Orangi Town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2011 Quality of Living survey

This is from 2011 check out Karachi's rankings

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Karachi ranks the lowest among 22 Asian cities,2/3/2012 8:38:17 PM

The Asian Green City Index is a detailed research and analysis survey report is conducted by Economist Intelligence Unit.

Of the remaining 21 other major Asian cities included; four were from India- Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengalura (former Bangalore); six Chinese- Hong Kong and Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Wuhan and Nanjing in Mainland China; three Japanese; Tokyo, Osaka and Yokohama; Manila, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Hanoi, Jakarata, Singapore, Seoul and Taipei were the other cities.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

now what you wish to say? still calling a whole city a slum :lol:

Are'nt you comparing apples with oranges ?

Green means environmentally friendly.

Least green city is not the same thing as DIRTY, GENIUS.

A city can be low on green index and yet not be DIRTY.

Where did you learn your English. I hope not in a Mumbai SLUM.

i guess indians dont know difference between slums and backward areas

slums

Shanty_housing_in_Hong_Kong.jpeg

800px-Villamiseria5.JPG

800px-Cairo-Poverty.jpg

Kibera.jpg

and now compare above pix all over the world slums to orangi

main.php

47296498.jpg

Banaras-Flyover-Orangi-Town-Construction-and-Under-Construction-2.jpg

51693926.jpg

yes orangi is underdeveloped area, but in no way it is slum by any standards
And Its an cracking slap from karachi to Fan boys belongs to south asian giant... decision pending to 3rd umpire... Ow! PROVED! Mumbai the most dirtiest city of the world

Are'nt you comparing apples with oranges ?

Green means environmentally friendly.

Least green city is not the same thing as DIRTY, GENIUS.

A city can be low on green index and yet not be DIRTY.

Where did you learn your English. I hope not in a Mumbai SLUM.

Are you a fool? do u understand what quality of living means?? and you dare ask me where i learn't English :rofl: this is from 2011 not the 2008 article posted here

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Yep she had a cracking time see her interview on NDTV

What insulting I said, Karachi is infact the largest slum in Asia. 45% land area in Karachi is covered by Slums If you want proof, I can even provide that.

Please Read this Articles
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

see this image below, half of the Pakistan's Urban population lived in Slums as compared to 29.1% for China and 29.2% in India.

201013NAC198.jpg

And claim for Karachi being Asia's largest slum see this.
800px-principaux_bidonvilles1.png

lol what a r3t@rd, 27.5 % is not half of Pakistan population you dumb.

BTW watch those pictures of Orangi with world largest slum mumbay.

Karachi has no slums?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol what a r3t@rd, 27.5 % is not half of Pakistan population you dumb.

BTW watch those pictures of Orangi with world largest slum mumbay.

201013NAC198.jpg

Again look at the picture I provided you, 27.5 million half of Pakistanis Urban population, not total population.

Look at the Red bar, for Pakistan its somewhere between 45-50% and it is 29.1% for China and 29.2% for India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom