What's new

1986: How India and China almost went to war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operation Indian Liberation

-Complete break up of india
-Complete removable of corrupt and oppressive Brahmin regime
-Temporary installment of Muslim government
-Divide india amongst neighboring countries (Pakistan, China, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Kashmir, Goa, etc)
-Distribute indian wealth amongst liberators
-Temporary Marshall law to eradicate all Hindu extremists

The future of india is looking bright.

This coming from a country where mere coup rumours results in complete internet lockdown and censorship.

And you call India oppressive !

Will see in the long run .. just wait and watch !

Chinese sweatshops serves Western masters.. Keep that in mind

You make shoes for whom??

They "serve" whoever pays the money. There's no shame in doing business. Before you talk about Chinese sweatshops, do I need to remind you that the typical sweatshop worker in China works less hours, makes 6x more money than, and is better protected, with higher training and automation, than similar workers in India? Why do you not care about your own people?

Domestic consumption. China has the 2nd largest retail market in the world. Chinese consumption of consumer products is not low, Chinese consumption of SERVICES is low. The US's consumption power is mostly of services and consumer durables.

Because right now we have nukes (and means to deliver them) and we hope the Gucci and Ralph Lauren loving Shanghainese and Beijingers would not like to live half naked in temporary nuclear shelters and eat anti-radiation pills instead of schechuan dog noodles.

that's OK, we will still have Wuhan, Changsha, Chongqing, Tianjin, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Xiamen, Xi'an, Nanjing and other world class cities with world class infrastructure. What will be left of India though?

The Nazi war machine lost in the end. The US pulverized them and pissed on their bones. In 1950, Mao made what was considered a mad decision: after diplomacy had failed, he ordered Marshal Peng Dehuai to organize a force to repel invading US/South Korean forces from North Korea. It was a wild success. They were pushed back 400 km, never threatened Chinese borders again, and lost Seoul multiple times.

I just have to say this: don't think too highly of yourself.

The US didn't really fight the Nazi war machine much. The USSR bore the brunt of the fighting and is largely responsible for the defeat of Nazi Germany. Not that I'm not proud about the American role in that war.

Because right now we have nukes (and means to deliver them) and we hope the Gucci and Ralph Lauren loving Shanghainese and Beijingers would not like to live half naked in temporary nuclear shelters and eat anti-radiation pills instead of schechuan dog noodles.

Didn't you hear your own Naval Chief?

"India cannot match China by conventional OR by non-conventional means". :cheesy: In fact, even one single Chinese nuke, has several times the power of India's entire arsenal.

You Indians are always complaining that the Pakistani members here resort to the "nuke" option out of desperation, well look in the mirror. You are the same.

The difference is that Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is actually bigger and faster growing than India's nuclear arsenal. :D

The US didn't really fight the Nazi war machine much. The USSR bore the brunt of the fighting and is largely responsible for the defeat of Nazi Germany. Not that I'm not proud about the American role in that war.

very true. The USSR was indeed the primary contributor to the world cause against fascism. I was just making a point about comparing Japan to the US.

I really think that if India had people like you, instead of the ToI crowd at the helm, it would be a great friend to China.

Deteriorating? Reboot and check.

Ya, the Indian population growth rate is almost 3 times faster than China, but its economy is 1/4 China's size and growing slower.

It imports 80% of its arms from Russia too.

:lol: buddy the only reason nazis lost were because they were fighting 6 countries single handedly from both sides

woah!:woot: a chinese advising others on humility thats new :lol:

i was just bringing some facts to light :)

It is a myth mainly promoted by Hollywood that it was the Americans who caused the defeat of Nazi Germany.

Sure, they played a major part. But the defeat of Nazi Germany can be credited to 2 nations the most -

1. Britain - for holding out and giving the Nazis hell. T

2. Soviet Russia - they were the ones who stopped the Nazi juggernaut.

In 59 China invaded a sovereign nation and screwed it, similar to what the japanese did to you.

Many Tibetans escaped to india to avaoid chinese persecution/massacre. you expect us to turn them away?

I keep hearing people saying China invaded Tibet in 1959, yet I asked over and over, "Could anyone present an official modern map made by ANY country after 1700, that shows Tibet as an independent country???" And no one answered my question, And before 1959, did India, or any country, claim Tibet as an independent country?

It is understandable that Indian government accomodate Tibetan refugees, as what the current leader is doing. However, meeting Dalai Lama in New Delhi in June, 1959 and showing personal support is a completely different matter. Please don't mix things up.

The Economy is what allows a powerful military to build up.

Your own Armed Forces have already admitted that there is now no chance of them matching China.

Please tell the same to your Pakistani fellows also....

I keep hearing people saying China invaded Tibet in 1959, yet I asked over and over, "Could anyone present an official modern map made by ANY country after 1700, that shows Tibet as an independent country???" And no one answered my question, And before 1959, did India, or any country, claim Tibet as an independent country?

It is understandable that Indian government accomodate Tibetan refugees, as what the current leader is doing. However, meeting Dalai Lama in New Delhi in June, 1959 and showing personal support is a completely different matter. Please don't mix things up.

Absolute hogwash. Has China ever signed any Agreement like the 17 point agreement with Tibet with any of its other provinces. And the Tibetan representatives were forced to sign that agreement and were not even allowed to consult with Lhasa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom