What's new

1947: The Last Letter

Bharat never had a problem with religions. Just wish the introduction of one was more peaceful than the rest.

Wounds are deep. It will take a few nuclear bombs to come back to a level playing field.

Kashmir has been cursed for centuries now.

If my religious rival abuses me using religion, it does not mean I start my own religious war to take revenge for the grievances of the past. Iss taran kabhi jang khatam nahi hoti.

Any conflict or argument is a dispute, even if one party believes there to be none, yet is involved in argument with another.
Yeah - it is a state of mind. It's abstract. It will be solved when either of the two countries - India or Pakistan ceases to exist.

If my religious rival abuses me using religion, it does not mean I start my own religious war to take revenge for the grievances of the past. Iss taran kabhi jang khatam nahi hoti.
I don't intend to have a religious war. Just that the conflict has now transformed into a civilizational one. It has a life of its own now. We are too small against it.

Or both realise the above mentioned fact. Destruction is mutual.
That is the destiny. It is inevitable.

I don't intend to have a religious war. Just that the conflict has now transformed into a civilizational one. It has a life of its own now. We are too small against it.

Fight anyaya :p:, no matter which side it comes from and the problem is half solved. Injustices have be done by both sides.

Why are you in such a depressive mood today? Did you recently finish a T.V show and question your existence afterwards?

Fight anyaya :p:, no matter which side it comes from and the problem is half solved. Injustices have be done by both sides.
I will tell you a truth, and you will find it unpalatable.

In general, as far as Kashmir is concerned, India and Pakistan will never come to an agreement. But the enmity goes much deeper than the Kashmir thing. Kashmir masla is a symptom of the Indo Pak rivalry. The disease goes much deeper.

I have seen hatred or animosity for the other on both sides of the border, but the one on the Pakistani side has always left me confused and depressed. There is too high an emphasis on faith and ego. You could still explain (or bribe) an Indian away. Personal experience.

Why are you in such a depressive mood today?
It is depressive. It fatalism. :D

No but seriously. I have seen people on both sides.

Perfectly decent Pakistanis will consider heinous acts as jaiz based on a cocktail of religion and nationalism.
Perfectly decent Indians will consider heinous acts as yuktiyukta (jaiz :D ) based on nationalism.

“On Nov 5, 1947, the man told my family,” Tahira said, “Hari Singh’s forces assembled Muslims at police lines at Jogi Gate for shipping them to Pakistan.” The frightened Muslims were huddled in 50 lorries and “culled like chickens” by the Dogra army and armed goons.

I joined this forum to tell this very story. My grandparents used to tell us how they had lost almost all their relatives from Jammu during this barbaric massacre.

I blame the Kashmiris, it's all our own fault. Why couldn't our elders do what our Gilgiti and Balti brothers did? We were a lot more and a lot better equipped. We were proven to be complacent cowards.

I joined this forum to tell this very story. My grandparents used to tell us how they had lost almost all their relatives from Jammu during this barbaric massacre.

I blame the Kashmiris, it's all our own fault. Why couldn't our elders do what our Gilgiti and Balti brothers did? We were a lot more and a lot better equipped. We were proven to be complacent cowards.
my nana abu basically migrated from Jammu but our village was close to border most of our close relatives survived but the relatives that lived far from border were massacred by Hindus and mainly Sikh Jhatas

my nana abu basically migrated from Jammu but our village was close to border most of our close relatives survived but the relatives that lived far from border were massacred by Hindus and mainly Sikh Jhatas

And then you find those wannabee new-age thinkers who want us to accept the "reality" and forget our own land.

Because the dispute on Jammu and Kashmir stems from 1947?

Basically I don't have a problem discussing the history of this region pre 1947. Iss khel main saray nangay hain bhai.
Nange ho toh bolte kyu hai playing as victims?
Why don't we guys move on and live peacefully in a better and modern world.past toh badal nhi sakta future can be made good.
Logo ko itna samaj aajae sab theek hojaega:3

Nange ho toh bolte kyu hai playing as victims?

Are you going to sit here and say you are the only victims in this and every Pakistani/our forefathers were all villains?There are victims on both sides. Reality check, everyone has skeletons in the closet. As for the rest of the comment, sure we need to move on and accept our past and move together in the future. But how can that happen when there are issues still lingering from the 1947 partition?

Are you going to sit here and say you are the only victims in this and every Pakistani/our forefathers were all villains?There are victims on both sides. Reality check, everyone has skeletons in the closet. As for the rest of the comment, sure we need to move On and accept our past and move together in the future. But how can that happen when there are issues still lingering from the 1947 partition?
Bhai you think issues would be solved without bloodshed? Wake up we are South Asians who have good civilians on both sides but very evil politicians who won't give an inch to other one.
Things have gone way too far after 1947 and there is no coming back after what all have happened between both of us since there.
Everyone has a story to tell and make other one believe

Are you going to sit here and say you are the only victims in this and every Pakistani/our forefathers were all villains?There are victims on both sides. Reality check, everyone has skeletons in the closet. As for the rest of the comment, sure we need to move on and accept our past and move together in the future. But how can that happen when there are issues still lingering from the 1947 partition?
I never said we are the only victims.
I said we should move on.
No point killing each other like animals now.

The Hindustan of old is gone, left to never to achieve her full potential that she could united. Kashmir is but an excuse the ills the British have left. The biggest issue is that we are completely oblivious to the civilisation threat that looms from other more different races(in language and culture) that are now running out of space and resources.
They will expand and India will be helpless on her own, as will the rest of the subcontinent.

Ah well, back to hating and baiting people.. to banning trolls and derailments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom