What's new

19 Reasons Why You Should Never Visit Iran

This is not reality, my friend.there are already thousands of western visitors whom based on their words, Iran was among their best foreign travels.
There are just a few very old european tourists who are mostly history or geography majors. All of this population is not enough to fill 5 international conferences.
So according to you Isfahan and Shiraz are nothing but a set of ugly ancient ruins?Lets assume you are actually right on this.arent there enough nature beauties in north, Azarbaijan and Kurdestan to atrract millions of visitors?
I already said that Northern Iran and Tehran are exceptions, although laws are prohibitive.
Kurdestan? seriously?!!! what is there to visit except for bunch of smugglers, too cold weather, and bare mostly snow covered mountains?
Iranian Azerbaijan(except for parts of Ardabil which borders Azerbaijan republic(like Astara, Mughan, Heyran, and also Ghara dagh(technically not in Ardabil)) and the region neighboring South Caspian Sea(like Khalkhal)) has not much tourist attractions either, unless for someone who wants to come from Azerbaijan Republic to visit Tabriz, ...

PS. No dear kollang, millions of visitor will not visit Iran in the next decade for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
There are just a few very old european tourists who are mostly history or geography majors. All of this population is not enough to fill 5 international conferences.

I already said that Northern Iran and Tehran are exceptions, although laws are prohibitive.
Kurdestan? seriously?!!! what is there to visit except for bunch of smugglers, too cold weather, and bare mostly snow covered mountains?
Iranian Azerbaijan(except for parts of Ardabil which borders Azerbaijan republic(like Astara, Mughan, Heyran, and also Ghara dagh(technically not in Ardabil)) and the region neighboring South Caspian Sea(like Khalkhal)) has not much tourist attractions either, unless for someone who wants to come from Azerbaijan Republic to visit Tabriz, ...

PS. No dear kollang, millions of visitor will not visit Iran in the next decade for obvious reasons.
Then lets agree to disagree.now its up to people to decide whether Iran worth visiting or not.

This paradise is called Iran

our statement has a bit harsh wording, I guess coming from your general dislike about Persians, but you are pointing out to a correct point. I also don't understand what's the point in trashing two threads with women photos, wearing 2-pounds of make up, to prove that there is no "moral police" in Iran, while we all know that it does. Iranian authorities don't deny it either and they are even fully proud of these laws.
But, I don't understand something about you either, You guys have the same(if not more harsh) moral police, and heck even these religious laws originated from your own country. So, why are you opposing them?

Hi dude, I believe just like that @Madali guy, you are getting too emotional here, this is for sure not a thread to represent Iran a Vegas style free nation and country, but rather it's main purpose is to show others that people in Iran have long passed such a style era:
upload_2015-4-23_18-0-56.jpeg

BTW, @Madali, what's wrong with those people on that pool party? I bet they are some of the most fun people you could ever see in your life.

Last edited:
The funny point is that the whole thread is a paradox . I also agree with serpentine that most of people outside don't have a 100% true picture of inside but what do we have here in this thread ? Those iranians who have no problem with the situation inside iran post the most liberal life style of some private wealthy people which all know the system has problem with that .
Thanks! that was exactly my point.

@rahi2357 I don't get some people here. I have personally experienced the most closest situation to this liberal life style that you mentioned above, and these guys are representing it as whole Iran. I was living in a rich family in one of the most expensive areas of Tehran which you can see the photo of its neighboring area in @New photo in this very page; hence, I exactly feel how unreal it is to represent this life style as the common Iranian life style. Iran is really the land of paradoxes!!! while Iranian authorities officially hate this life style(and express it openly), many of their children(called Agha-Zadeh ha) are living with the exact similar life style. While many religious Iranian members who like Islamic Republic should normally have problems with this life style, they post the most liberal photos that you can get from iran!!!
I don't really understand it. If you are a devoted muslim and islamic republic supporter, then be yourself and don't play liberal. Also, if you are a liberal person, then be it, instead of being like someone like ZibaKalam.

I personally wouldn't get comfortable with that group of rich kids either, but this thread has another purpose. Every country has positive and negative aspects.
Let's face the reality ...
As a person who lived in Iran for many years and has traveled to all parts of Iran(more than any other member in PDF) I can tell you that there is not much to see in Iran. No tourist is stupid in the extent to go visit two old farts buildings in the middle of an arid/semi-arid area. The only places with potential for tourist attraction are Southern Caspian Sea area(Northern Iran) and Tehran. Outside of this area, there is literally nothing interesting for a foreign tourist to see. For these two regions, hijab laws, alcohol laws, moral police, ... making every one uncomfortable to visit them, unless those tourists are a super religious muslim family who want to have a super "Halal" travel. Iranian officials themselves, know it very well, and don't want to lose control on their society and lose hijab, alcohol, dressing laws for earning tourists money, which means the end of this discussion.

PS. As I explained before, there are some shiites who visit Iran to visit their holy shrines.

Tourist destinations depend on what the tourists are looking for. For example, when I went to travel with a friend to Turkey, I showed him ancient walls, but my friend was, "So what? It's just a wall". He was more interested in getting drunk and finding chicks. There is nothing wrong with this.

"Two old farts buildings" will be like that for you, but for certain people, it is being transported to a different era.

On the other hand, you mentioned " with potential for tourist attraction are Southern Caspian Sea area(Northern Iran) and Tehran" which to some groups, like certain western travelers would be actually the opposite. A European wouldn't care about the North areas, because they might already have places like that in their place. They'd be more interested in Shiraz, Isfahan, and Yazd.

Nope, only a small piece of scarf that covers half of her hair is enough.you can also hold her hand and walk in the street, just like every Iranian couple do.

Darn. I was hoping that it would be compulsory for her to wear a burqa with a compulsory mouth zip to shut her up :D

BTW, @Madali, what's wrong with those people on that pool party? I bet they are some of the most fun people you could ever see in your life.

Dude, there is nothing wrong with it. I just meant the way the headline mentioned it, as if, how can anyone not find this fun?

That's what I like about Iran. If there is anything to talk proudly about Iran is it's headbanging paradoxes.

But my problem with certain posts by Iranians is to prove one image on Iran wrong, they go to the other extreme. I can understand where everyone is coming from, but I want to love Iran for what Iran is, with all its mixtures and complexities and UNIQUENESS. I don't want either the image the west portrays of burqas and beards but neither what us to pretend it's a land of bmws and bikinis.

The funny point is that the whole thread is a paradox . I also agree with serpentine that most of people outside don't have a 100% true picture of inside but what do we have here in this thread ? Those iranians who have no problem with the situation inside iran post the most liberal life style of some private wealthy people which all know the system has problem with that .

No it's not dear, do you know why? Because this thread was not created to exculpate the 'system', you all got it wrong. It's all about normal people, historical sights and cities. It was created so that when the name Iran is mentioned, the first thing coming in mind are not nuclear weapons or bearded mullahs or a military state in which everyone is holding a gun and ready to murder and loot. You won't believe it, but this has been the perception of many westerners before visiting Iran, returning to their countries totally shocked and confused. It has NOTHING to do with the system and it is not meant to show Iran as a fault-free nation in which everyone is living happily.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept the purpose of this thread.

Tourist destinations depend on what the tourists are looking for. For example, when I went to travel with a friend to Turkey, I showed him ancient walls, but my friend was, "So what? It's just a wall". He was more interested in getting drunk and finding chicks. There is nothing wrong with this.

"Two old farts buildings" will be like that for you, but for certain people, it is being transported to a different era.

On the other hand, you mentioned " with potential for tourist attraction are Southern Caspian Sea area(Northern Iran) and Tehran" which to some groups, like certain western travelers would be actually the opposite. A European wouldn't care about the North areas, because they might already have places like that in their place. They'd be more interested in Shiraz, Isfahan, and Yazd.

MADali, I guess you are really mad, bro :lol:
Why should any foreigner waste his money to visit bunch of deserts? People go to travel to refresh their mind and have happy moments not to be trapped in a desert city with two old fart buildings. Europeans would like to enjoy the weather and beaches in certain seasons in areas like South Caspian Sea(which has situations very close to Turkey). Why else do you think that europeans go to Turkey? People are not mad, bro!!!

MADali, I guess you are really mad, bro :lol:
Why should any foreigner waste his money to visit bunch of deserts? People go to travel to refresh their mind and have happy moments not to be trapped in a desert city with two old fart buildings. Europeans would like to enjoy the weather and beaches in certain seasons in areas like South Caspian Sea(which has situations very close to Turkey). Why else do you think that europeans go to Turkey? People are not mad, bro!!!

People are not all the same. Do you think everyone wants to travel just to go to beaches?

Tourists travel for different reasons. Some like going to beaches, some like adventuring, some like sex tourism, some like lux hotels, some enjoy deserts, some want historical sites, some enjoy shopping, and so on.

Iran is a great destination for certain tourist groups, depending on what they are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom