What's new

168 Sukhoi Su-30 MKI Presently Flying In The Indian Air Force [IAF]

Dont feed the troll.

Back on topic, 168 isn't bad, it will take a few years to reach the 270+ figure.

The MKI's have been in service for about 10 years now, with about 3-4 crashes. It would be great if crashes could be completely avoided, but that's not possible. The planes will have to be replaced.

Even the best planes have crashed and thats true for any complex mechanical system, Su 30 MKI is no different, the idea is to maintain high level of upkeep and combat readiness.
On Topic
168 fighters implies around 9-10 squadrons (17-18 machines per squad) and thats a good number. Hope the 100 odd pieces remaining in contract join IAF soon.

...meanng it can be self-sustained for about 6 years, reasonablely assuming crash landing 26 each year as per standard IAF traditon. :lol:

go easy on them will ya?

go care about your submarines troll!! where all crew dies at once.....remember ming361 accident??

Even the best planes have crashed and thats true for any complex mechanical system, Su 30 MKI is no different, the idea is to maintain high level of upkeep and combat readiness.
On Topic
168 fighters implies around 9-10 squadrons (17-18 machines per squad) and thats a good number. Hope the 100 odd pieces remaining in contract join IAF soon.

sir, when it comes to mki then 16 machines make a squadron as no trainers are needed and 18 for rest others(16+2 trainer)..so it can form more than 10 squadron as of now.

I want to know if those crashed fighters will be replaced or not. AFAIK first 2 were replaced but what about last 2 crashes?? Anyone??

go care about your submarines troll!! where all crews dies at once.....

Leave him alone dude. He's just another high IQ( :rofl: ) Chinese obsessed with India.

On topic : Although MKI's overall safety record is very good ,what worries me is the recent accidents . I mean in 5 years we have lost 4 mki's . I hope HAL and MOD will look into this urgently.

...meanng it can be self-sustained for about 6 years, reasonablely assuming crash landing 26 each year as per standard IAF traditon. :lol:

go easy on them will ya?

Unlike Chinese Media or PRC PR agency our media don't hide crashes.
First try getting even with small Non nuclear neighbour then think of taking on IAF, even Pakistanis on this forum make fun of yr pilots.

The number could have been 172 only if...

Sorry friends can't forget those 4 beauties that has been crashed....

go easy on them will ya?

Post reported.

And don`t be stupid guys, IGNORE HIM!

The number could have been 172 only if...

Sorry friends can't forget those 4 beauties that has been crashed....

Crashed MKIs will be replaced, luckily the pilots are safe and sound. Finding replacement for experienced MKI pilots would have been the real pain in the bum for IAF.

Post reported.

And don`t be stupid guys, IGNORE HIM!

You mad bro! He's fun.

On topic : Although MKI's overall safety record is very good ,what worries me is the recent accidents . I mean in 5 years we have lost 4 mki's . I hope HAL and MOD will look into this urgently.

Which doesn't mean that these crashes were caused by technical problems, some of them were simply human errors. Sad, but that happens too!
One thing that I want to highlight as an important part of the safty reckord is, that afaik not a single MKI pilot lost his life during these crashes! This shows that there were credible improvements in Russian ejection seats and safty measures, not only to the general quality of Sukhoi fighters, since most of our Mig crashes ended with the loss of a precious life!

Back
Top Bottom