What's new

16 Children And Their Bedrooms From Across The World, An Eye Opener - See more at: http://erinjanus.

Dem!god

Reaction score
Country
India
Most children of the world grow up in poverty, lacking food and sanitation, while others are born in countries where basic necessities are taken for granted. Photographer James Mollison came up with the project when thinking of his own childhood bedroom and how it reflected who he was. Where Children Sleep – a collection of stories about children from around the world told through portraits of their bedrooms, stemmed from his ideas - See more at: 16 Children And Their Bedrooms From Across The World, An Eye Opener : erinjanus.com

Alex, 9, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Bilal, 6, Wadi Abu Hindi, The West Bank

Indira, 7, Kathmandu, Nepal

Ahkohxet, 8, Amazonia, Brazil

Dong, 9, Yunnan, China

Juan David, 10, Medellin, Colombia

Ryuta, 10, Tokyo, Japan

Joey, 11, Kentucky, USA

Anonymous, 9, Ivory Coast

Bikram, 9, Melamchi, Nepal
191.jpg

Read about this in the readers digest , this is food for thought

These are all extremes. Average kid's bedroom looks like the Toy Story one..and an extreme nut one would be like his neighbor Sid.

Yeah, I was just kidding man, I've been to Florida. The room was like every stereotype about America packed into 100 sq feet!

Sad!!!
Such pictures just evoke some internet reactions and some social media activism. Beyond that ppl hardly care about these children. Directly or indirectly we all are guilty of not giving these children an oppurtunity to have a better life.
If possible donate...whatever amount to whoever deserves it.
Sponsor a child's education!!

Btw I didnt see an Indian child. And there are atleast 3 nepalese.

What a bunch of idiotic pictures. Reducing children to stereotypes.

The American kid is carrying a gun.
The Palestinian girl has a picture of men with guns.
The Israeli kid has all Israeli colors.
The Chinese kid has a picture of Mao.
The Japanese girl has a minimalist bedroom.

Read about this in the readers digest

Sounds about right. That's the kind of crap you would expect in Readers' Digest.

I can guarantee you that the kid with the shot gun is very responsible.

I can relate to being introduced to arms at a young age, but no matter how responsible one may be, there are some risks that nobody dares take. Driving a car at 11 is a crime, the driver may be very responsible kid but its a crime none the less.

I can relate to being introduced to arms at a young age, but no matter how responsible one may be, there are some risks that nobody dares take. Driving a car at 11 is a crime, the driver may be very responsible kid but its a crime none the less.
Lol. I deleted the comment. In America its normal. I personally think that if someone has guns around then their kids should know how to behave with them. The real danger occurs when kids dont know how guns work thus leading to accidents. Most likely though the kid doesnt have those guns out all day. But still as a parent i wouldn't let my kid at that age have easy access to weapons even if i thought that the kid was responsible. Also its not against the law to do what the kid is doing. Like developero said they are exaggeration everything.

Lol. I deleted the comment. In America its normal. I personally think that if someone has guns around then their kids should know how to behave with them. The real danger occurs when kids dont know how guns work thus leading to accidents. Most likely though the kid doesnt have those guns out all day. But still as a parent i wouldn't let my kid at that age have easy access to weapons even if i thought that the kid was responsible. Also its not against the law to do what the kid is doing. Like developero said they are exaggeration everything.

You beat me to it. If some family is in rural Kentucky the father is going to show his son how to use it so he doesn't go and grab it out of curiosity one day and accidentally fire it. I doubt that kid has a loaded shotgun in his bedroom

I dont see whats wrong here,depends on the countrty.
A more developed country has better living standarts,so if these kids are from the average of the population,all is good.
If a kid from a western country would live like the kid from Senegal,then it would be a problem.

What a bunch of idiotic pictures. Reducing children to stereotypes.

The American kid is carrying a gun.
The Palestinian girl has a picture of men with guns.
The Israeli kid has all Israeli colors.
The Chinese kid has a picture of Mao.
The Japanese girl has a minimalist bedroom.

Sounds about right. That's the kind of crap you would expect in Readers' Digest.

This is not the complete post - professions of the parents and kids and beliefs of the family had been described with the pictures . Not a blind comparison .

Back
Top Bottom