What's new

15 Jordanian F-16 for sale

Hi,

If the black boxes come sealed from the U S---and india does not have any access to them---they will have the same kill switches---.

The U S military has it on its own aircraft---they are not nation specific---.

That is understandable, I meant which switches would they turn off or on the ones on the PAF F-16s or the ones on "potential" Indian ones..?

That is understandable, I meant which switches would they turn off or on the ones on the PAF F-16s or the ones on "potential" Indian ones..?

Hi,

You are an intelligemt youngman---is there a switch on your cell phone or on your laptop that can be used to hack it---.

Are there switches turned on and off on these late model cars and suvs which have been hacked.

Did the stuxnet had a switch that had to be turned on to make the centrifuges rotate out of control---?

Hi,

You are an intelligemt youngman---is there a switch on your cell phone or on your laptop that can be used to hack it---.

Are there switches turned on and off on these late model cars and suvs which have been hacked.

Did the stuxnet had a switch that had to be turned on to make the centrifuges rotate out of control---?
I just mean with whom the US will side in this case , since it is their own weapons on both sides!?
Ta;king about the kill switches..

I just mean with whom the US will side in this case , since it s their own weapons on both sides!?

Hi,

I think most of the reader swhen they read---just look at what they want to understand---.

There is no siding with anyone over kill switch issues---. Americans won't use it to save india or save pakistan---the aircraft of both the sides would be fully functional---.

The kill " switch " option would be used when the u s congress enforces sanctions---.

A kill switch is not simply a kill switch---it could just be small glitches showing up in the system as faults---that could spread like a FLU virus amongst the F16's---.

Why on earth...
PAF has been operating these F-16 since the 1980s.
We need diversity in our airpower like having Su35's to assist also in Naval patrols or Euro fighters.
It was exactly the right time to move into newer jets deadlines for 5th generation 2023 We could've used Euro fighters or su35's effectively till then.
PAF policy makers are just thinking one dimensional
Bhai do you know the price tags of Eurofigher ? or for that matter SU 35 ? Do you have an idea how much time, money and effort have to be put in to induct a new type of aircraft in an air force?
We MUST NOT leave this opportunity because :
  • we will be getting these planes dirt cheap
  • our pilots know these planes like the back of their hands
  • no new logistic chain required
  • 10-12 years of combat service
  • can be upgraded

Hi,

I think most of the reader swhen they read---just look at what they want to understand---.

There is no siding with anyone over kill switch issues---. Americans won't use it to save india or save pakistan---the aircraft of both the sides would be fully functional---.

The kill " switch " option would be used when the u s congress enforces sanctions---.

A kill switch is not simply a kill switch---it could just be small glitches showing up in the system as faults---that could spread like a FLU virus amongst the F16's---.
Remember US can use KILL SWITCH only once. After that no country will touch or buy US equipment, so there is a lot at stake

Hi,

If the black boxes come sealed from the U S---and india does not have any access to them---they will have the same kill switches---.

The U S military has it on its own aircraft---they are not nation specific---.

Hi,

Isn't that what our esteemed new member Naif Al Hilali has recommended---to be hunting the junkyards for the parts like the iranians do it for their F14's.
Cannabalization is a fact of life for PAF, let it be so, we were doing it in 1965 with F 86s as well when , as usual, USA cut off the spares supplies. F16 is a good deal. We should have a combination of F16s, JF17s and J31s for future. with ci=ontnous improvements in Chinese avionics, radars and missiles we can deal with India. I personally feel time is not on the side of India.

Hi,

\thanks for the explanation.. it is still a :kill Switch: be it by activating a virus or killing/limiting or blocking some electronics through GPS.. So the siding might come with the congressional decision anyway..

Bhai do you know the price tags of Eurofigher ? or for that matter SU 35 ? Do you have an idea how much time, money and effort have to be put in to induct a new type of aircraft in an air force?
We MUST NOT leave this opportunity because :
  • we will be getting these planes dirt cheap
  • our pilots know these planes like the back of their hands
  • no new logistic chain required
  • 10-12 years of combat service
  • can be upgraded
I agree,My answer was based on reports of that time when PAF was looking for a new Bird.
JF-17's are way to go Just upgrade the 3rd Generation air-frame and its no-short of any 4Generation+ plane,Noo matter what indigenous production of arms and warplanes is a great strength for a country.

I agree,My answer was based on reports of that time when PAF was looking for a new Bird.
JF-17's are way to go Just upgrade the 3rd Generation air-frame and its no-short of any 4Generation+ plane,Noo matter what indigenous production of arms and warplanes is a great strength for a country.
with AESA and BVRAAMs thunder will be a formidable foe for any fighter

any news on this potential acquisition? looks like not going to progress?

Five f-16's have crashed in the US this past six months and numerous F-18's. Go buy some solidly built MIG 29's please. They can belly land, be lifted by a crane on a grass strip, be dusted off and be flying again the next day.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom