What's new

14th August v/s 15th august

Ignited Mind

Reaction score
Hey guys. The other day I was watching a program, may be it was of Najam Sethi. The guy pointed out something very interesting.

How is it that both India and Pakistan achieved freedom at the same time but Pakistan celebrates it's independence day on 14th August while India celebrates its independence on 15th August.

Shouldn't, logically, the independence day have been same? Either 14th or 15th August but it should have been same. Whatsay you?

Hey guys. The other day I was watching a program, may be it was of Najam Sethi. The guy pointed out something very interesting.

How is it that both India and Pakistan achieved freedom at the same time but Pakistan celebrates it's independence day on 14th August while India celebrates its independence on 15th August.

Shouldn't, logically, the independence day have been same? Either 14th or 15th August but it should have been same. Whatsay you?

The signing off of some papers for Pakistan was done on 14th August, for India on 15th August.

Celebrations kicked off on the 14th, when Lord Mountbaten came here on that day, it was planned for the 15th initially but since he couldn't be in both places at once he came to Pakistan a day earlier to formally hand it over. Although on documents it was written 15th but practically it was 14th.

The signing off of some papers for Pakistan was done on 14th August, for India on 15th August.

Celebrations kicked off on the 14th, when Lord Mountbaten came here on that day, it was planned for the 15th initially but since he couldn't be in both places at once he came to Pakistan a day earlier to formally hand it over. Although on documents it was written 15th but practically it was 14th.

I don't understand. Did Pakistan change its date of independence just because of an Earthly concern of a human being not being able to be present in two places at the same time?

The British retained control over India till 15 Aug 1947.

One day before they relinquished control, Pakistan was created out of the Dominion of India by the Brits

India was granted Independence the following day.

Hence both nations celebrate their birthdays on 14th & 15 the respectively

The British retained control over India till 15 Aug 1947.

One day before they relinquished control, Pakistan was created out of the Dominion of India by the Brits

India was granted Independence the following day.

Hence both nations celebrate their birthdays on 14th & 15 the respectively

We celebrate our independent day, not birthday. India was not born it has evolving since last many millinia...

Back
Top Bottom