What's new

14-year-old schoolboy commits suicide in Peshawar over marriage refusal

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
14-year-old schoolboy commits suicide in Peshawar over marriage refusal - The Express Tribune

What a sick society we have come to?
PESHAWAR: A schoolboy committed suicide in Peshawar’s Gulbela Village on Saturday after his love interest stopped talking to him.

According to reports, Suleman, 14, of Sarhad Grammar School shot himself after the parents of the girl he loved, declined his marriage proposal. The girl’s parents maintained that she was too young to get married.

“Suleman took the school guard’s gun and shot himself,” DSP Daudzai Sahibzada Sajjad told The Express Tribune. The teenager was immediately taken to Lady Reading Hospital (LRH) where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

18-year-old student commits suicide in Islamabad

Another official of Daduzai police station said, “The seventh grader’s classmate, who he loved, stopped talking to him after her parents refused to give her hand in marriage to Suleman, which left him upset and with no other choice but to end his life.”

The girl’s parents maintained that she was too young to get married.
They dint reject, they did give him a good reason.
Teenage mind at work, sympathy for the poor family.
which left him upset and with no other choice but to end his life.”
temporary depression, should have been counseled.

What is with this obsession of getting married so young and early?
love-marriage-vs-arranged-marriage.jpg

385120.jpg

I bet liberal fanatics don't have the face to insult 'mulllahs' now for their support of legalising child marriage.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

What this kid did was stupid. No doubt.

Now can you honestly say that no one in your own ancestry was married as a child or married someone who was below 18.

Its a serious question. Answer that.

What this kid did was stupid. No doubt.

Now can you honestly say that no one in your own ancestry was married as a child or married someone who was below 18.

Its a serious question. Answer that.
I wouldn't know, probably happened.

Marrying at such a young age just seems counter productive.

I wouldn't know, probably happened.

Marrying at such a young age just seems counter productive.

If it 'probably' happened then as per your standard your ancestors were pedophiles.

But I won't insult my grandparents or great grandparents. They did this. The whole world, even non-Muslims, did this and was completely normal all through out history except in the past century.

Just because we no longer want to marry at young age does not mean we should insult and denigrate a ex-custom of our culture and something which no religion ever prohibited.

Another official of Daduzai police station said, “The seventh grader’s classmate, who he loved, stopped talking to him after her parents refused to give her hand in marriage to Suleman, which left him upset and with no other choice but to end his life.”

Perhaps if this boy was in a boys only school this would not have happened. This is why boys and girls should not be allowed to mix. Someone's feelings end up being hurt and emotions get the best of them.

Back
Top Bottom