What's new

‘Pakistan has most cases of breast cancer in all of Asia’

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
KARACHI:

Pakistan has the highest incidence of breast cancer in all of Asia, said Ziauddin Hospital’s Dr Lubna Mushtaque Vohra on Thursday.
The assistant professor and breast surgeon was speaking at an awareness seminar at the hospital. Early detection is the best prevention of breast cancer, she said, adding that the earlier the symptoms are detected and the breast examination conducted, the lower are the chances of cancer development.

Addressing the audience on the taboo that breast cancer has become in Pakistan, Ziauddin Hospital’s oncology director Dr Tariq Siddique gave some encouragement to the audience and educated them about the proper means to approach the issue.
Dr Tariq stressed upon the need for women subject to such risks to approach their nearest female doctor. Any procrastination with respect to such risks could lead to life-threatening consequences, he said.

Similar views were shared by radiology department head Dr Muhammad Kashif Shazlee and histopathology department head Dr Fouzia Lateef.

The doctors suggested students take up volunteer work to conduct awareness and knowledge-based programmes throughout the year, especially in the rural areas, with practical demonstration on how to conduct self-examination.

Healthcare: ‘Pakistan has most cases of breast cancer in all of Asia’ – The Express Tribune

I heard eating too much red meat causes cancer, and pakistan does have the highest meat consumption rate in all of Asia, coupled with one of the worst healthcare sectors.

It's probably true, Pakistan's healthcare system is really bad. In my opinion the Government should try to promote private hospitals while maintaining a required minimum standard, as it would be a lot easier and cheaper than fixing the government healthcare system. Unfortunately the geniuses in power right now think metro buses are more important.

However, I would like to know which survey they are basing this claim on or how do they know that Pakistan has the absolute highest number of breast cancer in Asia. The article doesn't say anything about that

I heard eating too much red meat causes cancer, and pakistan does have the highest meat consumption rate in all of Asia, coupled with one of the worst healthcare sectors.

Pakistanis doesn't have the highest meat consumption rate in Asia. In fact they are quite low.

Meat+Consumption+by+Income+chart+USDA.jpg

@jaunty you were right- sadly your fellow indian misinformed you- and you fell for it blindly as usual-

I have seen the original report from USDA before. It was a joke from him I suppose. I knew that he edited it. It was pretty clear from the fact that he placed Pakistan above all other countries. facepalm.jpg

I have seen the original report from USDA before. It was a joke from him I suppose. I knew that he edited it. It was pretty clear from the fact that he placed Pakistan above all other countries. facepalm.jpg

You can suppose all you want abiut he us joking- The way he presented it and people read it- its called shamelessly lying and deliberately misguiding the audience--

You can suppose all you want abiut he us joking- The way he presented it and people read it its called shamelessly lying-

Anyone with a bit of common sense would know that he edited it as he put Pakistan above all the other countries, it was clear that he was not trying to hide it either.

Anyone with a bit of common sense would know that he edited it as he put Pakistan above all the other countries, it was clear that he was not trying to hide it either.
I guess when you replied to him in your first post of this thread you were acting like you didn't have a bit common sense is thats the case?- because any one with a little bit of common sense can see that you were not playing- Your said post is quoted below

Pakistanis doesn't have the highest meat consumption rate in Asia. In fact they are quite low.

Meat+Consumption+by+Income+chart+USDA.jpg

I dont know who you are trying to fool here-

I guess when you replied to him in your first post of this thread you were acting like you didn't have a bit common sense is thats the case?- because any one with a little bit of common sense can see that you were not playing- Your said post is quoted below

What are you talking about? He said highest in Asia which might be a genuine misinformation on his part. I corrected him by posting the right graph which I knew to be correct. He replied to me by hiking Pakistan up by many notches, making it the highest in the world. Then I realized that it was a joke (his second post). Get over it.

Compulsory mammogram for women at certain ages increases the chances of early detection and hence cure.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom