What's new

‘Over 500 suspected members of banned outfits arrested in Pakistan’

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
53c68c2643bb5.jpg

ISLAMABAD: More than 500 suspected terrorists belonging to banned outfits have been nabbed by the security forces from across Pakistan including the federal capital, an official of the interior ministry revealed on Wednesday.

Speaking to BBC Urdu on condition of anonymity, the official said these detainees would be treated under the newly legislated Protection of Pakistan Act (PPA) 2014.

The arrests have been made against the backdrop of ongoing military operation Zarb-i-Azb in North Waziristan to curb the likely backlash from the militants.

According to the interior ministry official, more than 300 suspects were arrested from the Punjab province mainly from Bahawalpur while more than 100 were arrested from Karachi and around 150 from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.

A report sent to the federal government by the intelligence agencies cited most number of Taliban and their sympathizers were settled in Karachi after North and South Waziristan tribal agencies bordering Afghanistan, the official revealed.

Law enforcement and secret agencies have apprised the interior ministry and Nacta – newly formed government body mandated to form the country’s anti-terrorism policy – about the crackdown against banned outfits.

It may be mentioned that the Islamabad High Court (IHC), invalidating a notification to bring the Nacta under the interior ministry, had recently ordered it to work under the Prime Minister Secretariat.

Meanwhile, intelligence units, formed at the police station level in the federal capital to eliminate networks of criminals, have started functioning. As many as 36 police officials have been deputed in the intelligence units.

According to the police, the units have been formed in all police stations, while two officials from each of the 18 stations in Islamabad have been chosen to make up a team that will trace the networks of criminals.

This two-member unit at each station will perform the executive functions of intelligence gathering and will keep their station house officers (SHO) and senior officers in the loop regarding the activities in their own areas. They will also highlight the aspects that require special attention from the police force.

According to the intelligence report, a large number of tribesmen were living on the outskirts of Islamabad in Tarnol and Bara Kahu areas. Police and officials of Nadra, however, were yet to visit the areas to conduct a survey.

‘Over 500 suspected members of banned outfits arrested in Pakistan’ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Why the inordinate delay in these actions? This should have been done long ago. Would have saved a lot of lives.

We had lal Masjid type people who threatened the peace every time there was attempt made to round up these morons.

Their ideology has been crushed and now authorities can act with impunity. Terrorism in Pak will die this year.

We had lal Masjid type people who threatened the peace every time there was attempt made to round up these morons.

Their ideology has been crushed and now authorities can act with impunity. Terrorism in Pak will die this year.
2014 make or break year for Pakistan. . . Terrorism is in much control this year and situation is much better than 2009,11,12... in these years there was bomb blasts every 2nd day and now Alhamdulillah situation is under pretty much control

2014 make or break year for Pakistan. . . Terrorism is in much control this year and situation is much better than 2009,11,12... in these y

Difference from previous years Pak didn't get a handle on their ideology. Thankfully they have shot themselves in the foot by doing stupid things like shooting Malala, Aitazaz giving his life to protect his school etc etc.

People like these are from the dark depths of society, cold blooded killers, psychopaths, suffering from complexes, mental issues, identity crisis, schizophrenia, drug addicts. This is their outlet. There have been I have to say quite clever people at the top creating these ideologies which took advantage of the goodwill of Muslim people for their benefits.

Ultimately its just another Mafia group.

Their game has been found out now, Pak will bury these cockroaches.

Is Lal Munafiqueen Masjid still standing? If so, it is high time it is levelled. This is straight from the sunnah of the Prophet(saws).

Difference from previous years Pak didn't get a handle on their ideology. Thankfully they have shot themselves in the foot by doing stupid things like shooting Malala, Aitazaz giving his life to protect his school etc etc.

People like these are from the dark depths of society, cold blooded killers, psychopaths, suffering from complexes, mental issues, identity crisis, schizophrenia, drug addicts. This is their outlet. There have been I have to say quite clever people at the top creating these ideologies which took advantage of the goodwill of Muslim people for their benefits.

They lost their image last year during major incidents like church attack which killed about 80 peoples. . . Hopefully they will get there a** kicked soon by PA.

The question is, what is going to be done against these terrorists? the courts won't punish them as they fear for their lives & are massively corrupt. Not even a single rented terrorist has been sentence to death by these corrupt courts. So they will be set free in few days time & because of this Pakistan suffers everyday.

Don't forget that they come from dysfunctional, semi-human families like this: North Waziristan operation spoils fourth wife dream of father of 36 - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

I wonder if this feral(jangli) man even remembers the name of his children.

It only proves again Zarbeazb will not be limited to NW, but all over Pakistan.

Don't forget that they come from dysfunctional, semi-human families like this: North Waziristan operation spoils fourth wife dream of father of 36 - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

I wonder if this feral(jangli) man even remembers the name of his children.

“I was planning to have a fourth marriage because now my wives have boycotted me and told me 'no more children',” Khan said.

“They do not allow me to go near them, but I have desires I want to fulfill.''

Khan was 17 years old when he married his 14-year-old cousin in Shawa. They had eight daughters and four sons, but after eight years, Khan got married again, to a 17-year-old.

“I was not satisfied and needed more of it — I mean the love-making,” Khan told AFP at his 17-room house in the northwestern town of Bannu, where the bulk of people displaced by the military operation have taken refuge.

Lolollllollll

“I was planning to have a fourth marriage because now my wives have boycotted me and told me 'no more children',” Khan said.
“They do not allow me to go near them, but I have desires I want to fulfill.''
Khan was 17 years old when he married his 14-year-old cousin in Shawa. They had eight daughters and four sons, but after eight years, Khan got married again, to a 17-year-old.
“I was not satisfied and needed more of it — I mean the love-making,” Khan told AFP at his 17-room house in the northwestern town of Bannu, where the bulk of people displaced by the military operation have taken refuge.
Lolollllollll

:o::o::o::o:

Back
Top Bottom