What's new

‘Disastrous’ situation in Kashmir, says India’s leading retina surgeon

Delnavaz B

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Srinagar: India’s leading retina surgeon Dr S Natrajan on Friday described the situation in Kashmir as “disastrous” after performing surgeries on pellet victims at the SMHS Hospital.
“The situation is disastrous. This is for the first time that I saw pellet injuries. The eye injuries in Kashmir are unique and more severe than other parts of the world especially in conflict region,” he told reporters here.
Dr Natrajan, who headed a three-member team that conducted 46 eye surgeries since July 26 in Kashmir, said all pellet victims had retinal injuries.
“Some of the patients will gain eyesight but I don’t want to give false hope. As a suregeon I have passed the exam, now the outcome lies in the hands of God,” said Dr Natrajan.
He suggested that pellet victims should not be shifted outside for treatment as the hospital has the “best facilities.”
“It is psychology of patients to move outside for better treatment. After six weeks we can say whether they (pellet victims) need lens. These patients need follow-up for one year,” he added.
The doctors’ team, Dr Natarajan, Dr Kenshuk Marwah, and Dr Syed Asghar Hussain, which was facilitated by Borderless World Foundation to visit Kashmir, said of 210 pellet victims, 110 need retina and vitreous surgeries.
Dr Nataranjan, director of Aditya Jyoti Mumbai, said the chances of regaining eyesight of pellet victims would depend on the extent of the injury and follow-up treatment.
“Yesterday we came across a terrible case but we didn’t give up and tried our best to regain his vision. We have decided to come here once in a month to see the condition of these patients,” he added.
https://defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia.160/create-thread

The victims are themselves to be blamed for their Plight. If they want to protest; then they should Protest the way Gandhi Did - Non Violence. :sick:
Indian Govt and forces not human like Britishers they would like to kill or blind even peaceful protesters.

Or may be the occupiers should act more like gentlemen as British and not use Pellet guns.

Pellet guns are the logical next non-lethal step after the mob resorts to throwing acid bottles from behind cover, with reports of firing from within the mob also coming in.
P.S. British were gentlemanly?? I will have to re-read history books now to cross check

Surgeons are expert in surgocal operations.. He should refrain publicly voicing statements...

I say that public surgeon should do his job of giving treatment to thousands of people below poverty line... Where is situation is very bad and corruption is on high

Pellet guns are the logical next non-lethal step after the mob resorts to throwing acid bottles from behind cover, with reports of firing from within the mob also coming in.

Come on now don't disappoint me there ............... there are many other viable options other than pellet guns.
P.S. British were gentlemanly?? I will have to re-read history books now to cross check

See how the enslaved feel about the occupiers.

Or may be the occupiers should act more like gentlemen as British and not use Pellet guns.

Per UN resolution(s) India is not occupier. In Democracy everyone has right to do peaceful protests. If anyone pics gun and challenge the writ of state, should get bullet in his forehead; not pellet guns.

Indian Govt and forces not human like Britishers they would like to kill or blind even peaceful protesters.
Let them do the Peaceful protest. None would be harm. :lol:

Srinagar: India’s leading retina surgeon Dr S Natrajan on Friday described the situation in Kashmir as “disastrous” after performing surgeries on pellet victims at the SMHS Hospital.
“The situation is disastrous. This is for the first time that I saw pellet injuries. The eye injuries in Kashmir are unique and more severe than other parts of the world especially in conflict region,” he told reporters here.
Dr Natrajan, who headed a three-member team that conducted 46 eye surgeries since July 26 in Kashmir, said all pellet victims had retinal injuries.
“Some of the patients will gain eyesight but I don’t want to give false hope. As a suregeon I have passed the exam, now the outcome lies in the hands of God,” said Dr Natrajan.
He suggested that pellet victims should not be shifted outside for treatment as the hospital has the “best facilities.”
“It is psychology of patients to move outside for better treatment. After six weeks we can say whether they (pellet victims) need lens. These patients need follow-up for one year,” he added.
The doctors’ team, Dr Natarajan, Dr Kenshuk Marwah, and Dr Syed Asghar Hussain, which was facilitated by Borderless World Foundation to visit Kashmir, said of 210 pellet victims, 110 need retina and vitreous surgeries.
Dr Nataranjan, director of Aditya Jyoti Mumbai, said the chances of regaining eyesight of pellet victims would depend on the extent of the injury and follow-up treatment.
“Yesterday we came across a terrible case but we didn’t give up and tried our best to regain his vision. We have decided to come here once in a month to see the condition of these patients,” he added.
https://defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia.160/create-thread
Another, Bash India thread.. The guy observed as a surgeon and presented his records.. He also expressed his helplessness for situation.. And this article is qualified as an India bashing Article.??? Nice way to go.. Even if you start thousands of such threads, it will not make an iota of impact which you all would like to see. So I suggest you don't waste your time on this buddy..

Come on now don't disappoint me there ............... there are many other viable options other than pellet guns.

Water cannon and tear gas have been tried. Its been regular SOP for our guys to throw stones back. The pellet guns started after the acid attacks did. I am afraid if the shooting from within the crowds continues, then live rounds will also be employed.

See how the enslaved feel about the occupiers.

Sure. Was just clarifying on the gentlemanly bit.

@User I have a question for you. What sort of parent puts his or her child in front of a mob attacking security forces?

Per UN resolution(s) India is not occupier. In Democracy everyone has right to do peaceful protests. If anyone pics gun and challenge the writ of state, should get bullet in his forehead; not pellet guns.

Democracy where? when? Propaganda has turned you Indians into extremists by the way ............ not that it worries me but you people express some very extremist comments.

Back
Top Bottom